Can you 'fake' an IP address?

Myles Braithwaite me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/ at public.gmane.org
Mon Mar 12 15:05:20 UTC 2012

On 2012-03-12, at 10:11 AM, Thomas Milne wrote:
> I swear I had read in discussions on here before that it was
> impossible to 'fake' an IP address. You could hide behind someone
> elses, ie. use a zombie or proxy or something, but in the end your IP
> is your IP, right?

The article seems to be saying he used a system like Tor (which would 'fake' your IP address) for the attack but forgot to clear his cookies when they revisited the website. It sounds like they were more of a script kiddy than a master criminal.

---
Myles Braithwaite
http://mylesbraithwaite.com | me-qIX3qoPyADtH8hdXm2+x1laTQe2KTcn/@public.gmane.org--