Teksavvy cable modems

Ansar Mohammed ansarm-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 9 19:24:37 UTC 2012

Thats pretty much my exact configuration.One additional note, I am
using 801.q VLANs. If you are having issues getting the GS108E to work
ping me offline and I will show you my config. I do have VLAN trunking
enabled.

I tested the VLANs without the router and they appear to be properly
configured.

I guess the fundamental questions here are
1. If I plug my Cable modem and firewall into a hub or switch, will
they work just as if i connected them "back to back". i.e. I am issued
a non RFC 1918 address and I am "on" the internet.
2. If I plug my cable modem onto a network segment with more than one
system that is configured with DHCP how many IP Addresses will
Teksavvy issue to me?

Thanks all for the help so far.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Lennart Sorensen