Ever came across a case where cmod 777 was a valid solution

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 9 17:43:40 UTC 2012

Afternoon,

Over time, I have came across cases where someone has "fixed" a
problem or suggested changing file permission to 777 and have always
ended up ranting about it.  That got me thinking today, could there be
a solution that would genuinely need read, write and execute
permission for user, group and others?  I sincerely can not think of
any and wonder if any of us here have come across such a case.

Please educate me.

William