Above All Surplus Resurfaces

Mike el.fontanero-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 9 00:02:35 UTC 2012

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 6:29 PM, Mel Wilson <mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 03/08/2012 03:55 PM, phiscock-g851W1bGYuGnS0EtXVNi6w at public.gmane.org wrote:
>>
>> I thought these guys had thrown in the towel, but they haven't, they've
>> relocated a bit west of the original location, now on the south side of
>> Bloor.
>> (They were originally a block or two west of Bathurst and Bloor, on the
>> north side of Bloor).
>>
>> I haven't been in the new store yet. (It was raining and I was on my bike
>> ;).
>>
> Smaller, but same stuff, and same great service.  Seems harder to spot,
> somehow.  I had to make two passes to find it yesterday.  If you get to
> Honest Ed's, or to Christie, you've gone too far.

I kind of ran past on my way to noodles recently, and was happy to see
him there.  The place does look wee tho - does he still have a decent
assortment of, let's say, non-computer-specific components etc.? I
remember picking up a pair of healthy power toroids there cheep!

Also definitely check out the used book store nearby and on the same
side of Bloor. So few of them left...

Mike