server distros

Renata Rocha natzilla-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Mar 8 16:38:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 07:57, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 6:36 AM, Dave Cramer <davec-zxk95TxsVYDyHADnj0MGvQC/G2K4zDHf at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>> Looking currently at centos, or ubuntu.
>>
>> Comments ?
>
> What you are asking is likely to provoke discussions with
> quasi-religious fervor...

That is the perfect answer for this question.

Also, unless you want the complexity (as in "complicated") of
enterprise without the enterprise benefits (people doing the dirty job
for you), don't go for CentOS.

I'd do anything debian-based these days, and I like Ubuntu server - it
is surprisingly good. (someone is going to read this, save, point at
me and laugh. I've been know to make fun at debian users in the past.
I know, people change, distros change)

And here I am feeding the troll...