server distros

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Mar 6 21:47:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 02:27:26PM -0500, Dave Cramer wrote:
> Ok, so now my priority shifts towards virtualization technology.
>
> I see centos uses XEN which supports paravirtualization, whereas KVM
> does not. Comments ?

RHEL moved to KVM, so I would think Centos did too.

I believe SuSE is the main XEN pusher left.

KVM does support paravirtualization for networking and such as far as
I can tell, or at least something very similar.  The FAQ says KVM does
paravirt for drivers but not CPU.  CPU requires hardware that supports
virtualization (VT-x for example).  This should not be a problem on
modern hardware.

--
Len Sorensen