CBC News and the Raspberry Pi

Burhan Hanoglu hanoglu_b-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Fri Mar 2 00:15:35 UTC 2012

There is a difference between those two statements...

-"...and runs on open-source software developed at Toronto's Seneca College,..."
(from http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/story/2012/03/01/technology-raspberry-pi-launch.html)

-"...a version of Fedora, developed at Seneca College in Canada,..."
(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raspberry_Pi)

It's not an "open-source software developed at Seneca". It is a version of Fedora developed at Seneca, or an open-source software developed at Seneca based on Fedora, or a modified Fedora distribution; same as Ubuntu being developed based on Debian.

Worth to mention the difference considering general public will not understand the concept as we do here.

Sincerely,
Burhan