3TB Harddisk sale

Ian Garmaise ian.g-m+eCFz0Wf2kS+FvcfC7Uqw at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 28 15:56:30 UTC 2012

In upgrading my Lenovo T60, I originally bought two 760 Gb Seagate 2.5"
drives from Canada computers.
Before opening the package, I then read about all the firmware disasters on
the web.
Returned them for two Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 Gb drives (one for
internal use, one for backup in an enclosure)
(the 750's won't fit in the notebook slot).  No problems, migration
technique from Lenovo worked as advertised.

Ian

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 11:31:27AM -0400, Sadiq Saif wrote:
> > This is the drive in question -
> >
> http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=15_1086_210_212&item_id=042242
> > How reliable are these 3TB drives? Anyone here have any experience with
> them?
>
> I won't touch a seagate these days.
>
> Firmware disaster after firmware disaster.
>
> I wouldn't put my data on it even if it was free.
>
> --
> Len Sorensen

=====
Ian Garmaise