canadian vps hosting experiences

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 28 13:47:38 UTC 2012

On 12-06-28 09:30 AM, Mike Kallies wrote:
> On 12-06-27 3:01 PM, Ben Walton wrote:
>> Thanks Mike, I've passed your "less than glowing" recommendation along
>> as that info is just as helpful as a good reference.
>
> I hope I don't sound too negative.  I was surprised at the lack of
> options in Canada.  There seems to be a market gap.
>
> I'd try Cartika for my next project, unless they needed a big machine
> and didn't have a budget, then I'd still do iWeb.

We're a market of at most 35 million. There aren't too many affordable
datacentres in Canada for smaller companies. iWeb are an exception -
they own their datacentres and are competing on a global scale.

That said, at a previous VPS/dedicated hosting company for which I
worked, I would have pretty much moved anywhere in Canada to seek out a
good facility, and to establish hardware vendor relations to get them a
Canadian presence. I still would I liked working with them so much.

Jamon