Bar code generator for Linux system

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 26 18:58:14 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 12:11:55PM -0400, William Muriithi wrote:
> Curious, any one here have worked with bar code generator on Linux
> system?  I have done a quick search and there seem to be a good number
> of them.  It looks like Zint is the best choice but then it looks like
> its no longer maintained.
>
> http://www.adams1.com/unix.html
>
> Just want to help a friend get going instead of changing back to
> Windows due to this task alone.  She is not technical so I am looking
> for something a little user friendly. Hoping someone has gone down
> this route and would save me from having to install and play around
> with each of them.
>
> Thanks in advance,

python-qrtools - high level library for reading and generating QR codes

barcode - Utility and library for barcode generation (and kbarcode as
an optional frontend)

php-image-barcode - Barcode generation

libdmtx-utils - Utilities for reading and writing Data Matrix 2D barcodes

libgd-barcode-perl - Perl module to create barcode images (GD::Barcode)

And many others I am sure.

--
Len Sorensen