HDTV antenna recommendation?

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 23 19:32:18 UTC 2012

Thomas Milne wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM, Anthony Verevkin<anthony-P5WJPa9AKEcsA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>>> Anyone have any good
>>> experiences with certain antennas or ones to avoid?
>>  From my experience the best price and quality is with the $20 antenna from Canada Computers. My friends have it and I've been comparing it to the Channel Master 4221 that I have and it is very similar and performs as well.
>>
> This one?
>
> http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=164_165&item_id=021643

One thing you have to be careful of is some antenna, such as this one,
are UHF only, but there are still some VHF stations around, such as
CKVR, Barrie on Ch 10 and CHCH, Hamiliton on Ch 11.  If you go with this
model, you'll need another antenna for those 2 channels.  Or you could
buy one that covers both VHF high and UHF.  I don't think there are any
VHF low channels in this area.