Monitor recommendation?

Ted ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 21 00:42:56 UTC 2012

i have a 30" hp lp3065  2560x1600 and a dell 28"   2560x1440
The HP is years older but preferable still to Dell.
I have had a samsung (same or sim. to yours) as well (but back light
blew just out of warranty :(

I have mine on a dual view set up , with a KVM that supports dual view,
dual hdmi.
One thing i don't like, and may have altered my decision to by the dell
(which was posted to this group as a insane Dell special),
is that when i kvm swith, the HP flips almost immediately to and fro,
the dell has to re-sync, and goes black for 3 seconds between each kvm
stop :(
I run my hp and dell rotated, and dual'd so i get a
1600+1440=3040 width, 2560 height  res. desktop.
The HP's mounts make for nice rotate, the Dell ... the 4 bolt holes are
square in layout , but the casing get in the way .. it does work
(barely), and its not pretty.
The HP stands well rotated, the Dell, i have to wire it to desk (to
worried my tip over).
I am also worried about the back light going, but not sure solid state
back-lite ones have come down in price yet?
The 2560x1600 and even dual of these is still so small as a desk topv,
if you can wait, what i am going to do in 1-2 years is,
the gaming industry is forcing 3840x2160 plasma and lcd's (out now, but
economical next year?),
so if you buy 2 of these, rotate them, you would get a nice,  4320 x
3840 desk top dual monitor config, by using
two "relatively cheap"  2000$ a peice 55" tv's, giving one a (not going
to do the Pythagorean now, but) 70"? desk top display? (for 4 bills)
I just wonder when kvm's will come out for this dvi/hdmi cable res?
(dual dual hdmi ?  i don't even know what cabling allows 3840x2160 )
Computer users will not drive high quanity sales for > 2560 res computer
monitors, so this is why i am thinking of going with the dual 55"
lcd/plasm's
as a solution ....
Now of course, your new "monitor" will have to be 15 feet back from your
desk, but still, it will kick ass!  Now i just have to figure out how to
make
one rotate easy, so it can go back to "tv" and "ps4" and "xbox720"
gaming and movie mode, but i think someone sells a bracket for that.