zsh, bindkeys, and CTRL+X CTRL+E editor

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue Jun 19 00:35:28 UTC 2012

On 18/06/12 04:39 PM, Sadiq Saif wrote:
> According to the zsh manpage [1], you can use the hash built-in:
>
> hash [ -dfmr ] [ name[=value ] ] ...
>
> hash -f
> The `-f' option causes the entire path to be searched, and all the
> commands found are added to the hash table.
>
> So, in this case, you would do:
>
> apt-get install foo && hash -f
>
> [1] http://www.cs.elte.hu/zsh-manual/zsh_17.html

Automating the hash -f part is what I was after. I saw a reference to
hashing in the zshcompsys man page, but no way to automatically update
it. Checking the main docs, I found reference in the Completion System
Standard Styles section[1]. The following works and updates completion
lists when installing/removing packages:

zstyle ':completion:*' rehash 'true'

Thanks for the input all, Jamon

[1]
http://zsh.sourceforge.net/Doc/Release/Completion-System.html#Standard-Styles