zsh, bindkeys, and CTRL+X CTRL+E editor

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Mon Jun 18 20:32:39 UTC 2012

On 18/06/12 03:14 PM, Sadiq Saif wrote:
> This is how you do it:
>
> autoload -U edit-command-line
> zle -N edit-command-line
> bindkey '^x^e' edit-command-line
>
> That should bring up $EDITOR when Ctrl-x Ctrl-e is pressed.

Brilliant, thanks for that. I hadn't done the autoload part and was just
messing with bindkeys. Working nicely now.

On another note, any idea how to make zsh update it's built in list of
autocomplete program names when something new is installed? For example,
apt-get install foo. Attempting to tab-complete 'foo' always results in
a not found message until I source ~/.zshrc. Very annoying.

In any case, thanks again! Jamon