Which UPS?

Yanni Chiu yanni-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jun 14 20:40:36 UTC 2012

On 14/06/12 2:45 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:

> I have gotten replacement batteries from greytech, which often has non
> APC replacement batteries for less than the original APC battery costs.
> Usually about 30% cheaper.  Seems worth it to me.
>
> New battery for Smart-UPS 1500 is about $120 or so, versus $600 for a
> new unit.

You left off the model number I quoted:
- APC Personal Powercell 170W

I couldn't find a description of it, but based on the "Personal" "170W",
I think it's similar to what I had. I got it 50% off the ~$100
"original" price from Staples. The best price I could find for a
replacement battery was about $40, but I had to buy two batteries, else
pay more per unit.