PC Microphones

Alejandro Imass aimass-EzYyMjUkBrFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 13 14:40:41 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:31 AM, Colin McGregor <colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I am looking at a proof-of-concept project at work that calls for
> recording audio (some voice instructions). The issue at the moment is
> getting a microphone. Obviously I want it all, namely :
>
> - Low cost
> - Excellent voice quality (which might NOT be a good thing with my
> voice :-( , but... if the proof of concept works I'll hopefully be
> able to get someone else to read the matterial...).
>
> So, what do I get at a low cost that avoids the worst pitfalls?

We started a PoC in our company that had voice-over audio and we
started at the $50 and had to throw it away. Don't expect to spend
less than $150 . The cheapest you can get for a decent quality is
either a Yeti or a Snowball, and they are both in that price range. We
got a Yeti and IMHO it has the same quality sound as a Sure at a
fraction of the price. I have not personally tried the snowball but
people say it's pretty good. Both are avail at the Staples in Yonge
near Front.