Micro Routers (Was:Raspberry PI (as router))

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jun 13 01:34:20 UTC 2012

DAVID CHIPMAN wrote:
> Rogers is offering up to 75 Mb/s down.
>
> You lucky dog you! That may be what they're offering, but do you get that?

I can't say, as I don't have that package.  However, in my experience
what Rogers delivers is very close to what it promises.  A couple of
years ago, the CBC compared several ISPs.  Rogers delivered what they
promised, with Telus not too far behind.  On the other hand Bell was the
worst.  As part of their test, they downloaded an Linux ISO and after
several hours, Bell hadn't even finished, whereas Rogers took about 20
minutes, IIRC.