delving into ebook readers

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 8 20:05:06 UTC 2012

On 12-06-08 13:45 , Neil Watson wrote:

> What kind of reader can I get that can read PDF's and ebooks from my
> local library?

Anything that supports PDF and ePub directly through OverDrive and Adobe
Digital Editions. So basically, not a Kindle.

I have a B&N Nook Color which I like, but it has resisted all attempts
to stay as a rooted Android device. It's good for ePub and PDF. The only
major problem I have with it is its power/data cable, which is a mutant
micro-usb thing that's compatible with nothing else.

cheers,
 Stewart