Which UPS?

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 8 15:40:35 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jun 08, 2012 at 08:30:25AM -0700, William Park wrote:
> My power supply can normally handle flickering of lights.
> But, during yesterday storm my light blinked, and my machine
> hanged.  So, I'm looking for UPS for 20 seconds at 300W.
> Browsing local stores, practically any UPS will do.
>
> Is there any brand you'd not recommend?

If your power supply isn't fancy (ie not high efficiency and not very good
active power factor correction), then pretty much anything should work.

If it is high end and fancy, then your UPS is going to have to be too
unfortunately.

I only have APC UPSs myself, but I am sure there are other good brands too.

--
Len Sorensen