Which UPS?

Digimer lists-5ZoueyuiTZiw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Jun 8 15:51:25 UTC 2012

I personally *only* use APC, but I make my living off of my equipment.
My husband uses Cyberpower for his computer and he's been very happy
with it. We live in Oakville, which has more black/brown-outs than when
I lived in rural New Brunswick, so both of our UPSes have been heavily
taxed and both have done fine.

On 06/08/2012 11:39 AM, Aaron Doucette wrote:
> I know APC is _the_ name in UPSs, but I have found good value and
> quality in my CyberPower 1500AVR. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend, and
> they have their own linux software (as well as it working with NUT, last
> I checked).
>
> aaron
>
> On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
> <mailto:opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     My power supply can normally handle flickering of lights.
>     But, during yesterday storm my light blinked, and my machine
>     hanged.  So, I'm looking for UPS for 20 seconds at 300W.
>     Browsing local stores, practically any UPS will do.
>
>     Is there any brand you'd not recommend?
>     --
>
>     William
>
>     --
>     The Toronto Linux Users Group.      Meetings: http://gtalug.org/
>     TLUG requests: Linux topics, No HTML, wrap text below 80 columns

Digimer