Linux floor plans: solved

Richard Weait richard-gNTHUr35LhcAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 3 17:06:57 UTC 2012

Dear All,

How cool is it to be able to make a floorplan, and move your furniture
around on it?  Pretty cool.  Especially if your furniture is heavy.
Much better to move that stuff on paper, rather than by force.  My
previous attempts to make floorplans in Linux revolved around GIMP and
many layers.  it wasn't ideal.

I had reason to want to make another floorplan recently and The Fine
Search lead me to SweetHome3D

http://www.sweethome3d.com/index.jsp

This. Is. Cool.

Floorplans? Check.
Furniture? Check.
3D aerial view?  Check.  Woo woo!
3D virtual walk through?  Oh yeah!
Custom colours, paint and flooring?  Yup.

Pretty awesome.  I'm only just scratching the surface with this thing
and I can see that it would be indispensable for a designer or
decorator.

GPL.  java.  Runs on Linux, and other stuff.

Best regards,
Richard