Firewall configuration for Fedora 16

Ben Walton bdwalton-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jun 2 00:11:07 UTC 2012

> Personally I highly recommend shorewall as a way cleaner way to manage
> iptables than doing it manually.  It just makes things so much simpler
> to deal with and easier to get an overview of.

I can't recommend shorewall enough.  It makes creating a very complex
firewall into an easy task.

Even though it was designed to be placed on a routing firewall, it
works quite well on a single-homed host too.  I'd be happy to share
some basic configs if it would help get someone up and running.

Thanks
-Ben
Ben Walton <bdwalton-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>

Take the risk of thinking for yourself.  Much more happiness,
truth, beauty and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens