Anyone know why this feature was removed from the kernel

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jul 24 17:43:26 UTC 2012

Afternoon,

I just came across this statement from the iptables man page and for
no immediate practical reason, got curious why the kernel developers
decided to remove this feature.

Quote:
              In  Kernels up to 2.6.10, you can add several
--to-source options. For those kernels, if you specify more than one
source
              address, either via an address range or multiple
--to-source options, a simple round-robin (one after another  in
cycle)
              takes place between these addresses.  Later Kernels (>=
2.6.11-rc1) don’t have the ability to NAT to multiple ranges any-
              more.
End Quote

Unfortunately, I can't think of a single reason.  I am suspecting
security reasons, but I frankly can't see how that would be the case.
Any one privy of what happened?

Regards,

William