What is the best file encryption for linux?

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jul 19 13:43:31 UTC 2012

>> The symlinks in ~/.getmail would again be pointing to non-existant
>> files. Does this sound feasable, and what encryption program should I
>> use?

I would just activate the native operating system file-system
encryption.  That way, your experience working with the application
does not change as encryption will be transparent after you boot up.
That, and the fact that I feel its the most safest way of keeping the
data save.

In another word, use of dm-crypt is the best solution in my humble opinion

William