Intel GMA500 Poulsbo works with recent kernels.

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 18 18:26:44 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:35:17AM -0400, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote

> Which netbook?
  Acer Aspire AO751h (all-black version)
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/laptop/acer-apire-one-ao751h.aspx

> Few Atom-base netbooks do 1366x768 (licensing reasons!).  Generally,
> the few that do are expensive.

  It's an 11" model with 2 gigs of ram.  It was half the price of a 15"
laptop when I bought it.  Mind you, prices have plummetted since then.
The installed Windows XP Home was painfully slow, maybe due to all the
craplets.  Anyhow, I blew it away and installed Gentoo, which optimizes
for the specific CPU, and it runs fine.  For full specs, see...
http://support.acer.com/acerpanam/netbook/0000/acer/aspireoneao751h/aspireoneao751hsp2.shtml

  The CPU is a dual core Atom.  Output from /proc/cpuinfo...

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 28
model name      : Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU Z520   @ 1.33GHz
stepping        : 2
microcode       : 0x211
cpu MHz         : 800.000
cache size      : 512 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 1
apicid          : 1
initial apicid  : 1
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe nx constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts aperfmperf pni dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 xtpr pdcm movbe lahf_lm dts tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority
bogomips        : 2660.01
clflush size    : 64
cache_alignment : 64
power management: