Back to DR-DOS again

sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org sciguy-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 15 13:11:44 UTC 2012

Hello

The machine in question has an ASUS K7SOM+ motherboard supporting an
AMD Athlon dual core processor. I have had this machine for at least 5-
7 years.

The BIOS seemed to have reset itself as it rebooted today, and I was
greeted with DR-DOS, and A: as the default drive. And no, I had no
floppies in A:. Resetting the BIOS to "hard drive" as the first boot
disk fixed it. In DR-DOS, I could see C: drive. but I didn't try to do
too much with it. I am concluding that it must have been a virtual
drive, but does anyone know where it could have come from?

I imagine it must have been stored on a rom chip somewhere on the MB,
but where? In the BIOS?

Paul