Re: [TLUG]: Microsoft’s Downfall: Inside the Executive E-mails and Cannibalistic Culture That Felled a Tech Giant

James Mcintosh jamesemcintosh-/E1597aS9LQAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Jul 11 15:41:45 UTC 2012

The article (or excerpt of the article) mentions "stack ranking", the compelled rating of employees, and its harmful effects.

I doubt that this process is unique to Microsoft.

I think that I first heard of it about Wang, and business periodicals praised it back when Wang seemed to have potential.

In terms of technology, their operating system was superior to IBM's DOS/VSE and MVS, and their COBOL was superior to IBM's COBOL and CICS.

James E. McIntosh
JamesEMcIntosh-Iimme/3Z544 at public.gmane.orgm