Rogers goes Linux Hostile

Scott Sullivan scott-lxSQFCZeNF4 at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 9 17:25:13 UTC 2012

On 07/09/2012 01:15 PM, Christopher Browne wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 1:04 PM, Ori Idan<ori-RdxWQVHs3mjDN57Tih+YPw at public.gmane.org>  wrote:
>> I now live in Israel and since the language spoken here is not English, non
>> of the ISP's or other companies out source the support to other countries.
>> This does not change the fact that customer support and even technical
>> support hardly have any idea of what Linux is and sometimes can't even solve
>> windows related problems :-)
>
> Interesting...
>
> I wonder what happens if you call in to Rogers and say "Bonjour!
> Est-ce que vous pouvez m'aider?"
>
> (Of course, that means you need to have enough conversational French
> to work your way through your issue! :-).)

This is actually a very effective strategy. Because of the need to find
French support their are a lot of call centres in Montreal and Ottawa,
and most of those French speakers also speak English and don't have a
problem switching.

And this isn't just tech support, I've had it work for The Bay as well.

--
Scott Sullivan