Rogers goes Linux Hostile

Gary Layng glayng-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 9 15:56:32 UTC 2012

We recently introduced Rogers Communications into our building.  Their
tech support is so-so, their customer support is a horrible
contradiction in terms - and both were clearly North American, probably
Canadian.

After telling the woman at Customer Support five times that I didn't
need a service call to install Rogers Cable as (1) I had it for months
as part of a "bulk building" contract and (2) a team of eight techies
were downstairs handing out digital converter boxes and (3) tech support
said that all Customer Support had to do was register the box on my
account, she still insisted I didn't HAVE Rogers Cable and she'd have to
schedule a tech to come to my unit.  I finally told her I'd solve it
myself and marched back downstairs, butted in line and had the techs
solve it there - using only a laptop to register the the box on my
account properly.

Why they employ deaf people on their customer support call desks escapes me.

(The reason why the techies were downstairs handing out converter
boxes?  Apparently Customer Support couldn't figure out how to get us
our free digital converter boxes themselves.  I despise Rogers.)

On 09/07/12 11:27 AM, James Knott wrote:
> Alejandro Imass wrote:
>> Most ISPs are like all over the world, not just here. But Rogers blows
>> in every sense. I wouldn't use them even if they gave me Internet for
>> free.
>
> I have worked with both Rogers and Bell for many business users.
> Rogers is by far the better.  Bell Internet support is *HORRIBLE*. On
> the personal side, it's been close to 4 years that I stopped doing
> business with them and I made it quite clear that I don't ever want to
> get a telemarketing call from them.

There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary, and those who don't