Offering old "Byte" Magazine

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sun Jul 8 16:18:29 UTC 2012

Colin McGregor wrote:
> I've got a large number of "Byte" magazines from the the late 1970s
> though the mid-1980s to offer. Obviously I love to see these do better
> than end up in a recycle bin, but I no longer want to give the space
> over to these magazines.
>
> Anyone interested? I can bring some of them to the next GTALug
> meeting, but there are enough of these magazines that I could not
> bring them all to the meeting (ie: I would be asking anyone who wants
> them all to swing by my home (near Yonge & Eglinton) to grab the bulk
> of the magazines.
>

> Colin McGregor

I happen to have the entire run of paper issues on the shelf behind me.
I picked up the first three issues from Wayne Greene, the original
publisher, at an amateur radio convention in Oct. 1975.  I then
subscribed up until they stopped the paper version.

Topics listed on the cover of Issue #1, from Sept 1975, price $1.50:

Which Microprocessor for you?
Cassette Interface - Your key to inexpensive bulk memory
Assembling Your Assembler
Can YOU use these SURPLUS KEYBOARDS? (You bet you can!)

And, at the bottom of the front cover:

COMPUTERS - the World's Greatest Toy!

Wayne Greene was the publisher of the amateur radio magazine "73", among
others magazines and books.  He lost Byte, because he had put it in his
wife's name and she left him.