think twice about buying Linksys routers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Fri Jul 6 15:27:46 UTC 2012

Aaron Doucette wrote:
> Speaking of which, I just purchased an ASUS RT-N16 to replace my aging
> wrt54gl. I have heard great things, and the Tomato-USB devs(and devs
> of other forks/firmwares) are using this.

My firewall is an old computer running Linux.  It gives me flexibility
to set up things like a caching DNS, 6in4 IPv6 tunnel, VPN and more.
For WiFi, I use a TP-Link TL-WA901ND, which supports "N" and PoE, so I
can mount it in a location where power is not convenient.  It also runs
Linux.

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_1056_356&item_id=031082