Voltage Reduction Test February 7 (Ontario only)

Alejandro Imass aimass-EzYyMjUkBrFWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 31 17:17:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 11:20 AM, Ted <ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> since all the stuff we use also works in USA, where they are 110? and we are
> 120-125?
> There should never be chance of an issue?

Actually both US and Canada are standardized at 120V _nominal_ voltage
on a single phase to neutral. 120V nominal phase to neutral is
anywhere between 114 and 126V. Nominal AC Voltage is actually the
rated mean square of the actual 60Hz sine waveform which has a peak to
peak nominal voltage of about 170V so it's RMS is _about_ 120 V.

--
Alejandro Imass