Anyone compiled Xorg from source?

Walter Dnes waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 31 04:15:21 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 09:40:16AM -0500, Scott Allen wrote
> On 30 January 2012 00:16, William Park <opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> > Has anyone compiled Xorg from source?
>
> If you run Gentoo Linux, you pretty much always do. ;-)

  In Gentoo it's one ebuild (makefile+install+whatever) for X11, and 3
or so ebuilds for the device drivers (video/mouse/keyboard).  There are
2 options for X11.  xorg-server is the basic one.  I use it.  xorg-x11
is the "kitchen sink" version that pulls in a lot more fonts and X
utility programs.