Anyone have experience with Argus, it crashing, and potentially filters to prevent crashes?

John Miles jmiles242-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 29 18:15:28 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone,

I have a long standing problem where certain traffic that I am monitoring
with Argus is causing repeated under certain circumstances.
Usually filtering our some IPSEC traffic using a filter of (esp or ether
proto 0x9000) causes problems like this to go away.
Not today though.
I am running it on Ubuntu 9.04 (not by my choice....)

Effectively I see this error upon crash:

*** glibc detected *** argus: free(): invalid next size (fast):
0x0000000002551db0 ***

John.