Cannot Get Back Ethernet Connection

Tyler Aviss tjaviss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 27 21:18:30 UTC 2012

That's the one. I find that if it's wrong, you end up with an invalid
eth0 device that isn't using your driver, and then an eth1 device that
doesn't work, etc
You might also want to look for the following in /etc/modprobe.conf or
/etc/modprobe.d/0
    alias eth0 SOMETHING (a driver other than forcedeth)

More stuff
  when you do "lsmod | grep forcedeth" do you see a number of 1 or
greater under "Used by"

When booting an older kernel, does it work (bad forcedeth module?)
Does "ethtool eth0" display a valid link/duplex speed (and an active link)

--
Tyler Aviss
Systems Support

"Computers don't make mistakes. They can, however, execute those
provided to them very quickly"