(question) 11 WiFi channels -- which one?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 23 06:21:56 UTC 2012

Check your environment for competing WiFi signals from neighbours, &c.
You'll want to pick the channel that has the least interference.  A WiFi
signal tends to splat itself across three channels, so pick a channel
that has lots of room on either side, too.

I find the InSSIDer tool from Metageek useful for determining free WiFi
space. http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/  (caution:
Javascrippled Web pages and Mono-dependent application)

--Bob.

Bob Jonkman <bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>         http://sobac.com/sobac/