Riddle me on this one

Ted ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Jan 21 17:22:47 UTC 2012

be aware that if you delete a log file, i.e. say apache access or error
log, the space is not reclaimed until the process is restarted
(at least that has been my experience). So perhaps you deleted files,
and the space hasn't been reclaimed?
Also look at . files that may not be showing in your list.
maybe lsof would help.

-tl