OpenIndiana (was: Ubuntu first time)

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 12 04:26:14 UTC 2012

Hi Jamon,

I tried OpenIndiana in VM.  It's Gnome desktop (like CentOS), so that
part is familiar.  But, I think it's too little too late...

1. How do I determine disk layout in OpenIndiana?  In Linux, I would do
	cat /proc/partitions /proc/mounts /etc/fstab
	mount
	df
	fdisk -l
    to get some idea.

2. What is the naming convention for devices found under /dev/dsk and
    /dev/rdsk?  Doc doesn't explain this.
--
William