Ubuntu first time

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 11 01:42:22 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 03:08 PM, Thomas Milne wrote:
> The name 'Unstable' has absolutely nothing to do with its performance.

In that case, it's a very unfortunate choice of nomenclature. For the
record, I only run Debian stable on production servers. I have tried to
like Debian on my desktop but stable was too ancient and the fussy
details of having a usable system, like having good-looking fonts,
eluded me when I tried Debian but that was about five years ago when I
had much less experience with Debian. I ran Mandriva for a long time and
quite liked it but they seemed to lose their way. I eventually got to
Kubuntu. It was OK, though there was more breakage than I liked with
KDE. For KDE fans, it's not a great distro. I've ended up with Fedora
running KDE and I'm quite happy with it. I might be happy with Debian
unstable on my desktop, too, now that I'm much more comfortable with Debian.
--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis