Ubuntu first time

Mel Wilson mwilson-4YeSL8/OYKRWk0Htik3J/w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 10 15:38:59 UTC 2012

On 01/10/2012 10:14 AM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> I do like some of what Ubuntu has done, and they certainly are helping
> Debian with many things (like multiarch).  I just want them to stop
> releasing things before they are tested and ready.
>
> Also what the heck were they thinking with Unity?

That's what's getting to me with Ubuntu.  If you take any of it, you
take it all.  Avoiding big GUI changes also means doing without the
latest versions of packages that I really do need.  Unless I install
them myself.  Which is more and more like using Slackware.

If Slackware has picked up the things that lately make X configuration
so easy, I might do that.

     Mel.