Ubuntu first time

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 10 14:55:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 02:44:26PM -0800, William Park wrote:
> Well, I dare anyone to setup 15 partitions, and install a distro into each partition.  You just have to make sure Slackware is first, and openSUSE last.
>
> Since this thread is about Ubuntu, I see it loading kernel modules in GRUB config.  Why?  What's wrong with initrd?  Pretty soon, you're going to see Emacs at the sector 0.

GRUB 2 is modular.  You see it loading grub modules in grub config.
This is normal and a good thing.  Nothing to do with kernel modules.

Now you could use multiboot support and load kernel modules I suppose
but I have never seen anyone do that.  Maybe Ubuntu decided to try that,
although that would surprise me.

--
Len Sorensen