Ubuntu first time

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue Jan 10 04:36:00 UTC 2012

On 12-01-09 21:16 , Thomas Milne wrote:

> That's EXACTLY LENNART'S POINT. That _never happens_ with Debian.
> Ever. But as you yourself say, it does happen with Ubuntu. A lot.

What about that lovely sshd upgrade that the Debianites foisted on us
that opened a whole giant vulnerability? You can't say it never happens
now. Karl Popper *will* get you in the end ...

I must be doing something wrong. Been running two machines from early
Ubuntu 9-ish to current, using auto-updates. Apart from the time that
the power went out mid-way through and I had to dpkg-reconfigure
everything from one command, they're running fine.

  Stewart