All Video Editing Lovers

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 9 14:36:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, Jan 08, 2012 at 08:39:11PM +0000, john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org wrote:
> I have a DVD's that were recorded from old family video 8 tapes. Is it possible (with Linux software - either free or not) to edit the ripped DVD? The idea being to record another DVD from the edited files.
>
> When I google for DVD editing, I can see that there are a few packages that can edit video and export to a DVD. I'm not quite sure if DVD files can be edited (maybe converted first?). If so, what about loss?
>
> I'm not looking for detail, only to know if it's possible. A tip on which software package would work might be handy too :).

As suggested, a non linear editing tool should work.

You do NOT have to reencode the video (and get quality loss) since every 8
frames or so has a keyfram, so as long as the cuts are done at a keyframe,
you don't have to reencode anything.

I have certainly made nice working DVDs with kdenlive and I sure won't
claim to know what I am doing.

--
Len Sorensen