All Video Editing Lovers

john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org john.moniz-rieW9WUcm8FFJ04o6PK0Fg at public.gmane.org
Sun Jan 8 20:39:11 UTC 2012

I have a DVD's that were recorded from old family video 8 tapes. Is it possible (with Linux software - either free or not) to edit the ripped DVD? The idea being to record another DVD from the edited files.

When I google for DVD editing, I can see that there are a few packages that can edit video and export to a DVD. I'm not quite sure if DVD files can be edited (maybe converted first?). If so, what about loss?

I'm not looking for detail, only to know if it's possible. A tip on which software package would work might be handy too :).

Thanks,

John.