CUPS error: 'server-error-service-unavailable'

Thomas Milne thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 29 02:38:04 UTC 2012

Connected an MP250 to my Debian Unstable system, when I open the
printer configuration dialogue to add a new printer, it shows the
correct model in the list connected by USB. However, when I attempt
click 'forward', it says it is searching for drivers and then fails
with an error from CUPS  'server-error-service-unavailable'.

I tried restarting cupsd and even restarting the machine, but I get
the same error.

Any tips on how to proceed?

--
Thomas Milne