OT: laser printer repairs

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 21:23:48 UTC 2012

On 12-02-24 04:39 PM, Andrej Marjan wrote:
> Does anybody know a reliable service shop in Toronto for Laserjets?
[snip]
> I'd really like to have someone with experience have a look at it and help
> me determine if it's better to fix or replace it.

I don't know of a place that repairs LaserJet printers. You could contact HP
and see if they can tell you who handles repairs of their printers.

With the prices of printers the way they are these days it tends to be
cheaper to replace a unit instead of repairing it. It doesn't help to keep
electronics out of landfill. I have a Xerox WorkCentre XE80 printer/scanner
that needs new toner. As it would cost around $100 to get the replacement
toner unit I wound up retiring the unit and replaced it with a new Samsung
laser printer for $60. The new printer is faster, supports WiFI and new
toner cartridges are about $65. The older Xerox printer will be looking for
a new home.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.