[OT] Email from my domain goes to Hotfile junk

Andrej Marjan andrej-igvx78u1SeH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 28 02:49:26 UTC 2012

On Mon, Feb 27, 2012 at 8:48 PM, Stephen <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I have had a number of models experience trouble in receiving email from
> my domain dawsonsphotography.com
>
> I use an inexpensive shared host, but the smtp server I use is actually
> rogers.
>
> It is routed by hotmail into their junk folder.
>
> Is there anything that I can do to make this less likely?

My wild guess is that it has something to do with SPF or DomainKeys or
whatever the current preferred system is. Essentially, the Rogers SMTP
server isn't the sanctioned/properly registered SMTP server for your
domain, so your email is considered far more likely to be spam these days
because your email domain and the server don't match. I don't know if it's
possible to designate their server appropriately without their involvement.

You could try using your web host's SMTP server. Presumably they've already
set things up correctly for you.

Or wait for a mail admin to reply...