Linux Flash going to be limited to Chrome

Andrej Marjan andrej-igvx78u1SeH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Feb 25 02:46:58 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM, Thomas Milne
<thomas.bruce.milne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> The first comment on that page describes what I've found recently,
> Twitter is often a much better news source than Google, though it
> takes some time and effort to get to that point, and obviously there's
> still a danger you can build and even more restrictive bubble. But
> that's true with any medium, it takes extra effort to seek out the
> information that is not 'fit to print'. It's not like the Internet is
> doing anything different than TV, newspapers, and magazines have
> always done. It's all about advertising and PR.

It's very different: it's targeting you as an individual. Nobody else sees
what you see.

While mass media have fostered the creation of publics in the past (every
member of the audience sees and responds to the same stories and concerns),
the "filter bubble" effect could lead to destroying publics by isolating
every individual from every other individual.

As for Google News, I've never liked it - the results were always
uninteresting and poor quality IMHO.