Linux Flash going to be limited to Chrome

Andrej Marjan andrej-igvx78u1SeH3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Fri Feb 24 21:35:06 UTC 2012

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 04:13:33PM -0500, Thomas Milne wrote:
> > Yikes, okay, I never have 30 or 40 tabs open. I can't think of even
> > half a dozen web pages I would want open for that long...
>
> It works like this:
>
> Oh that sounds interesting, I will read it later.  Middle click to open
> in another tab.
>
> Repeat for a while.  Eventually read it and close it, but that might be
> days, weeks or even months later.

Or: I have 8 hours to learn everything I can about $topic for $project. Do
breadth-first search for material, then process it later in one go.

Firefox is leaner for gazillions of tabs, and it also has things like
noscript and adblock (100% reliable versions, which isn't possible with
Chrome's lobotomized extension model) which help tremendously with CPU and
memory use.