Making a deb package

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 21 18:36:31 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:24:10PM -0500, William Muriithi wrote:
> I have a control file that looks like as below:  Notice
> "Build-Depends" do not list  debhelper 8 as a requirement?  However,
> when I run dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -b, I get an error that I have an
> unmet dependency which happen to be debhelper version 8.  dpkg-source
> -x apache2_2.2.22-1ubuntu1.dsc do runs fine.  Where does
> dpkg-buildpackage get this information?

dpkg-buildpackage gets it from debian/control.

Not sure where the other part you listed came from.

Also no idea where you got a ubuntu one from.  I only checked that
the debian package from debian unstable is buildable on debian stable
with one minor update in packages by getting debhelper from debian
squeeze-backports.

--
Len Sorensen